Sep 13, 2008

Ali and Mom's 1st time doing baptisms for the dead





Our stake had a temple trip planned shortly after Ali turned 12. I am still nursing Lily, but I didn't want to miss Ali's first time in the temple. So, we brought along Justin Lee and he stayed outside and babysat while we did baptisms for the dead. I can't believe I have been a member for 14 years this December and I have never done baptisms for the dead. It was neat to share this first with my first daughter. I am still in awe at how she is maturing. I love to watch her grow.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Look at YOUR sweet family! They are all so darn cute! I remember you bringing Ali over when she was brand new! Crazy how time flies. Jake and I also remember you guys bringing you little bird over on a Sunday afternoon. I will never forget those newlywed days. We were so lucky to all have each other! I need to dig out some of those old pictures. Going to the temple to do baptisms is such a great experience...our ward takes the youth once a month super early on a Sat. morning. Jake just turned 13 and has probably gone 10 times already. Nate and I take turns with who goes each month. It is always such a sweet experience. What a way to keep them on track. We miss you guys and think about your family often! You will continue to be in our prayers!

Heidi said...

I am so glad you were able to go with Ali and experience that with her. What a special day for both of you. These pictures are so sweet and so beautiful of the 3 of you. Nice job keeping up with your blog, Nat. I love being able to "watch" your family from afar! We miss you and love you all!

summerk said...

That's awesome it was the first time for both of you; how neat! I bet that made it extra special for Ali, too, to have you there. Such cute pictures! I can't believe she's 12!!! Love you guys!!