Feb 9, 2009

"My Goal"






I am letting you all know that after a year and a half break, I am back on the workout wagon. Hip, Hip Hooray! Nothing is going to stop me now. I had to include these two pictures because they are the only ones that show the smallest I have ever been. I know that size doesn't matter, but feeling good does. I was on top of the world in these pictures. I was working out 3-4 times a week and I felt great.

I have been meaning to start working out since I had Lilia (she is a year old now). I just kept having excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't do it.

Then, came my inspiration..........


Many family and friends of my sister-in-law Ginger are going to run "The Great Race" in her honor. This is the same race that Ginger ran in last year. Most of the family are running the 5K portion. I decided that I couldn't very well run a 5K without any training. So, I started last Tuesday at 4:30 AM. That's right, you read it right, AM. The time that I have to workout might give you all some perspective as to why I have been dreading getting back to it.
I thought that the first day after not working out for a year and a half would be pretty grueling, but I made it through. There was one point where I thought "Why am I doing this to myself? I can just stop right now and no one will know." Then I pictured Ginger cheering me on and I knew that I could go on. I am grateful for Ginger's cheering on in so many instances in all of our lives. I will run this 5K race and when I feel like I can run no more, I will remember who it is that I am running for and her strength will pull me through.

This morning was the 4th time that I have worked out and I ran two miles and walked one and I am still alive to blog about it. In an excerpt from Ginger's blog about her great race time she said, "I knew I could do it." Those words will continue to ring through my head as I train for this race. "I can do it!"

6 comments:

Stake Camp Directors said...

Good for you!

summerk said...

Yay Nat!!! You CAN do it!!

Alan and Brandi Cotton said...

Go Nat! I'm getting sore just thinking about delivering this baby. I can't even think about running! Ha!! I'll be cheering you all on while I take my new boy on a little walk.

Renée said...

I love your post Natalie. It brought tears to my eyes. Keep it up and don't you quit. I'm so excited for you. What a great memory your family will have of doing this together. :-)

Tricia said...

Hey there, Natalie! I linked over here from Dan and Gabby's blog. Great to see your cute face again! What a beautiful family you have! And they're all so grown up. I can't believe so much time has passed since those good ol' BYU days. It'll be fun to stop by here now and then to see what you're up to!

heather carlson said...

You go girl! I'm training for a triathlon in May! I'm bound and determined to get my body back; and my baby is a year and a half. You're way ahead of me. Miss you tons!