Feb 10, 2009

Lilia's 1st birthday party


Our tradition is to let our kids have their own birthday cake to dig into when they turn 1. The expectation is that the child will just go wild and start stuffing their face. That has yet to happen at our house. I remember with Ali I had made a chocolate cake and she thought it was dirt. Anyone who knew Ali at that age, knew that she did not like to get dirty. She started to scream and tried to shake off the cake. So, one of the children in attendance (Brooklyn Benson) ate the cake for her.

This time I made the mistake of covering Lily's cake with sprinkles. So, she spent about 10 minutes just trying to pick off and eat every sprinkle.


Her brother and sisters were more than happy to help her eat her cake.

2 comments:

summerk said...

I can't believe Lilia is one!! Time is going way too fast! I can't wait to see her... and all of you at the Beachhouse!! (because we WILL be there... it HAS to work!!) :)

Heidi said...

I can not believe how dark Lilia's hair is! All those kids with super blonde hair and now a brunette! She's so adorable and so old!